The application is open to medical students after completion of the 5th semester. After the application deadline, the coordination team will make a pre-selection of the best applicants. Selection criteria include the scores achieved to date and the motivation of the applicants as outlined in the application. Successful candidates will be invited for structured selection interviews with the coordinators and the project leaders, in which, on the one hand, the working group leaders will present their projects and, on the other hand, the candidates will state their motivation as well as previous achievements and experience in research.
Medical students will complete a one-year structured experimental doctoral thesis in the EKFS Promotionskolleg Re-Thinking Health. In addition, the doctoral students will participate in the training program of the PhD program, which extends beyond the time spent in the laboratory and accompanies their studies. There are two calls for applications per year – the program starts on April 1 and October 1 of each year.
The students receive a stipend of € 1000.
How to apply
Please send your application until June 03, 2021 as a pdf file to re-thinking.health(at)charite.de:
- Motivation letter (1 page)
- Up to 5 project choices plus reasoning
- Scores MD studies
- Letter(s) of reference (optional)
For inquiries, please contact Dr. Inka Gotthardt
Interviews will take place on June 09, 2021.
Acceptance to the EKFS doctoral program Re-thinking Health is associated with a number of requirements/duties:
- The student’s presence at Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin is required during the entire funding period. The completion of clinical traineeships, Erasmus semesters or PJ is excluded during this time. When submitting the application, a binding time schedule for the doctorate, including leave term, as well as for further studies (clinical traineeships, Erasmus, start of PJ, etc.) have to be submitted.
- Participation in all events of the doctoral college as well as completion of the concomitant measures.
- For the PhD, two semesters of leave must be taken, which are directly related to the funding in terms of time and subject matter and are taken during the funding period (official proof at the time of application or within four weeks after application approval).